What WE Do
Quality Assured Inspections
Providing Quality Assurance Consultation, Planning, Monitoring and Reporting for Large Commercial & Industrial Piping Construction, Equipment Installation and Mechanical Retrofit Projects.
Our Quality Mission is to Maintain 100% Customer Satisfaction
NDE INSPECTION *
Methods available for NDE (Non Destructive Examination) of welds – magnetic particle test (MT), liquid penetrant test (PT), radiography test (RT), and the ultrasonic test (UT).
Knowing how each works, and the appropriate applications for each, is critical for successful testing.
* All NDE procedures approved by TSSA.
Jobsite Visual Welding Inspections
Jobsite piping fabrication poses additional welding and installation challenges primarily being weather, temporary work areas, limited space, lighting and material storage, material segregation and material control which is why Jobsite Visual Welding Inspection is so critical.
CONFINED SPACE SAFETY SERVICES
- CRSP Written SSSP’s (Site Specific Safety Plans)
- Job Hazard Analysis & Job Safety Analysis
- Confined Space Rescue Plans
- Trained and Achieve COR Certified Confined Space Attendant / Monitoring
- Confined Space Rescue with SCBA
- First Aid CPR © & A.E.D. Trained Safety Personnel
Fabrication Shop Inspection
- Fab Shop Inspection
- Quality Audit
- Quality Training
- Material Awareness
- Material Control and Inspection
- Welding Safety Training (including CSA W117.2)
One of Q1i’s most requested services is developing, assisting, reviewing or evaluating Quality Assurance related Project or Contractor acceptance criteria for Project Bid Pre-Qualification.
Owner, Project Specific, Building, System, Process and Regulatory requirements all come into play with Request for Pre-Qualifications (RFPQ) requirements.
& WELDING INSPECTION
* All NDT procedures approved by TSSA
PAUT - Encoded Phased Array Ultrasonic Inspection
LP Liquid Penetrant Inspection
UT - Ultrasonic Conventional & Thickness Testing (high temp)
MP - Magnetic Particle Testing
Portable Hardness Testing UCI
HD Borescope & Pushscope Inspection
PMI - Positive Material Identification
T&S HX - Hydrostatic Leak Testing
Pressure Gauge Calibration & Testing
Lokring Certified Inspectors
Visual Inspection CWI CSA-W178.2 Level II
Holiday Testing - AWWA
Continuous Air Quality Monitoring and Recording
Concrete Slump Testing, Compaction Testing & Other Civil Testing
How Phased Array Ultrasonic Testing (PAUT) works
Quality Assurance Consulting
Q1i offers Value Added Services to and for the Owner as an evaluator and Quality Assurance Provider assisting in project work from conception on through to turn over, operation and maintenance.
Q1i will review, plan, oversee, assist or guide customers carrying out Project Work, Service, Repairs, Maintenance, Retrofitting, Code Upgrades, New Construction and R&D work.
We will work independently (3rd party), jointly or directly with and for our clients to meet their specific QMS (eg. ISO), project structure, code requirements, Quality Assurance and Safety needs.
- Project Support and Quality Assurance Contractor
- Quality Plan Development, Implementation, Evaluation, Training, Auditing and Review
- Quality Training and On-Boarding (Material Control, ITPs, Pressure Testing, etc.)
Providing value added Quality Assurance Consultation, Planning, Monitoring and Reporting for Large Commercial & Industrial Piping Construction and Mechanical Retrofit Projects.
Q1i has experienced knowledge of both Occupied Building Construction Projects and Mechanical Heating/Cooling/Utility Retrofit Work.
We provide specialized Inspection and Test Plans (ITPs), Checklists and Quality Assurance Services related to Mechanical and Equipment Changeover, Parallel Systems and marrying new and existing Mechanical Systems.
BPV Code COnsulting
The ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code (BPVC) is an internationally recognised standard for the design, manufacture, inspection and testing of all kinds of pressure vessels.
Q1i can provide
- Boiler & Pressure Vessel Inspection
- Pressure & Pressure Piping Vessel Repair and Alteration
- BPV Equipment Survey, Standard Operating Procedure creation & training
- New CSA / ASME Code piping installation, modification or retrofitting
- ASME Sect IX Weld consulting
Our Coast-to-Coast Experience and Clients Include
Ontario Power Generation
All Eastern Ontario Hydro Generation locations